To accomplish technology transfer FGI will:
– Answer consultant and regulatory questions about design, specification, testing, and installation of fabricated geomembranes.
– Distribute material, fabrications, and installation standards.
– Continue to publish and distribute a Technical Bulletin, press releases, and quarterly newsletter for the geosynthetics industry.
– Conduct educational seminars and short courses on fabricated geomembranes that emphasize applications of fabricated geomembranes.
– Establish and maintain an Internet site for fabricated geomembranes.
– Exhibit at various industry trade shows and conferences.
– Assist FGI members in publishing case histories, new technologies, research results, and other information.
– Provide graduate research assistants to research fabricated geomembranes; current research topics include durability in exposed applications, effect of liquid drawdown cycles on durability, floating covers, puncture resistance, subgrade preparation, and canal linings.
– Incorporate fabricated geomembrane information into undergraduate and graduate courses at the University of Illinois.