We're so excited to announce the awesome group of women that will be leading our Women in Geosynthetics Round Table Discussion in February. Over the next few weeks, we will be posting about each individual so you can learn a little bit more about each panelist! Discussion Moderators: Fabiana Arriaga with Geosyntec Consultants, Jordan Wiechmann with IPG - Intertape Polymer Group. Panelists: Tina Oliver with Seaman Corporation, Maya Innis with International Cover Systems, Roxalana Dobransky with Layfield Group, Kristin Sample-Lord with Villanova University. We can't wait to see you all there!
Monday, Feb. 6, 2023:
1:30-3 pm - Women in Geosynthetics Round Table
3:15-4:30 pm - Technical Session 1 - Applications of Fabricated Geosynthetics:
• PVC Geomembranes in Agricultural Uses
• Carbon Footprint Calculator
• Liner Payment Bases
• Case Study: Lake Forest Reservoir Relining & Floating Cover Fabrication & Installation
• Evapotranspiration v. Engineered Turf Covers for Landfill Final Closure
• EPS Geofoam Done Right: Saving Time and Money
Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023:
1:30-3 pm - Panel Discussion 1: How to Write a Good Geomembrane Specification
Wednesday, Feb 8, 2023:
8-9:30 am - Technical Session 2 - Fabricated Geosynthetics for Water Retention Projects:
• Designing & Constructing Geosynthetic Floating Covers for Municipal Water Storage & Treatment
• Operation and Maintenance Guideline for Geosynthetic Lined Water Reservoirs
• Case Study: Netherlands Motorway Underpass
• Case Study: Chambers Dam Reservoir Remediation
• PVC-EIA Alloys: Best Choice in Prevention and Protection of Water Resources
9:45–11:15 am - Panel Discussion 2: O&M Manuals for Geosynthetic Lined Water Reservoirs
February 25, 2021, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Moderators: Jordan Wiechmann, Intertape Polymer Group and Jen Miller, Fabricated Geomembrane Institute
The Fabricated Geomembrane Institute at the University of Illinois has created a group titled, “Women in Geosynthetics (WIG)” in order to promote the advancement of women in the geosynthetics industry through education, networking and mentoring opportunities. Audience participation is the focus of this highly interactive discussion
The discussion will include, but is not limited to the following points of interest:
– How can we recruit MORE women into the Geosynthetic Industry?
– How can we create more opportunities in the industry for women?
– What types of educational opportunities are out there to educate women throughout the industry?
– Mentorship Opportunities
Tonya Switalski (Titan Environmental)
Kasia Zamara (Tensar)
Katie Hill (Owens Corning)
Lisa Simms (East Coast Erosion)